Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Tinks Random thoughts

 Augmentin--  antibiotic, or misery in a pill form?

I was prescribed this on tuesday for a sinus infection that didn't properly  clear up the first time. 1 pill twice daily for 10 days..

my doctor knows i don't like to take this particular antibiotic  as it wreaks havoc on my stomach-- in fact i have never made it through a 10 course of it to date. i am almost half done as of today and i am going to be glad when i take the final dose friday morning..  between the bloating ,gas, heartburn, stomach cramping, and tummy distress...its not been fun..  


i am following doctors orders and pushing probiotics between doses-- things like greek gods strawberry yogurt, vanilla frozen yogurt, carnation instant breakfast with probiotics and probiotic gummies at bedtime.

i am also eating things, like applesauce, oatmeal, rice krispies.

between it being a larger pill to swallow and the side effects, its not been fun.


do any of my readers have any tips to get me through the rest of my course of antibiotic? let me know in the comments below :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ereader book deals 11/1/2021

Christmas Bump by Trisha Ridinger McKee BARGAIN Chick Lit Rating: 4.3 Winona has been sheltered her entire life. Raised by a protective sing...