Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

TODAY IS THE FINAL DAY OF THE UBC for AUG 2021-- WE DID IT!!!!

 

Image result for princess diana
CREDIT: PEOPLE


She will always be the peoples, princess, i cant believe it has been 24 years already .. Rest forever in peace englands rose


I still remember August 31st, 1997 like it was just yesterday. although technically it was still Saturday August 30th here in the states) I had finished checking my e-mail and was talking with a friend in a chat room about one of our mutual interests. I was getting sleepy, so I told her I was signing off and heading to bed since I had to work in the morning. I told her I would try to catch her the next day, and started to log out of the chat.

suddenly, she was typing in all caps asking if I was still there- thinking something was seriously wrong with her and I responded to her and asked if she and her family were ok. she said they were and that she has just seen on the 10pm news (she was on the east coast) that Princess Diana had been in car accident! I told her that I was an hour behind her and immediately asked my mom to turn on our local 9pm news. they touched on it briefly and said they would have more at 10pm.

I turned CNN on and we watched for a little while, I told my friend I was signing off and shut my PC down. I turned CNN on in my room and went to bed. as I laid there an watched and waited for any sort of update on her condition, I prayed silently for her and her young sons prince William and prince Harry.

at around 10:00pm Central daylight time the breaking news alert startled me as I had dozed off. and the breaking news was heartbreaking: Princess Diana was dead.... I was stunned!

the next day I was amazed at all the tributes and flowers outside of Buckingham palace that I was seeing in pictures,(it looked like a seas of flowers, you couldn't even see the ground!, and on the news. she was greatly loved, and people were genuinely grief stricken at her passing.



a few days later in the wee hours of Saturday morning (i believe it was just after 1am Central time )I awoke just prior to the start of her funeral procession and watched the coverage of that and her funeral when I should have been sleeping for work.(working on 3 1/2 hours -4 hours sleep really sucks..FYI LOL) it was heartbreaking to see William and Harry following their mothers coffin in the procession, and the single card nestled in the flowers atop it that read: Mummy. I had to fight back tears.

Elton john's song "goodbye englands rose" made me cry.

she will always be remembered as "the people's princess"

DIANA PRINCESS OF WALES

JULY 1ST 1961 - AUGUST 31ST 1997


4 comments:

  1. I also believe Diana is a people's princess. She appears humble and kind when she's alive. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. - Jojo Reyes Jr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana was loved by so many! Congrats on completing the UBC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot all about that. Our family was celebrating in the UK (having just left France) at the time. I was never enamored of the English Royalty, but the four women in the family were gaga over the Princess. I couldn't get them to leave the hotel room, as they stay glued to the RV sets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent ending for August. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Ereader book deals 11/1/2021

Christmas Bump by Trisha Ridinger McKee BARGAIN Chick Lit Rating: 4.3 Winona has been sheltered her entire life. Raised by a protective sing...