Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Tinkerbells random thoughts 8/10/2021

 


SO,  I have been thinking -- i am going to stick with blogger until the end of the year... and then if it is possible make the move to....... WORD PRESS!! which would make it a lot easier to follow alot of you :)

i just have some questions:

1) can i do it without buying a domain(my finances are too tight at this time)

2)  should i wait or switch now?

3) can i do everything i want on there for free?


hopefully you wordpress users can help me out with your thoughts and ideas.


have a great Tuesday!




4 comments:

  1. You will need a domain name - that runs about $10-15/year. You will also need a hosting account - this can be around $5/month. This is for self hosted (and in my opinion is the way to go. You should, if possible, avoid getting on the WordPress.com site.)

    If you cannot afford it, wait!

    Reach out if you want to have a conversation about this, Kelly!

    Paul.
    UltimateBlogChallenge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is wordpress that bad? What site do you suggest then? I know nothing about coding or any of that stuff.

      Delete
  2. This is something that I have been thinks about too. Thanks for the advice Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul would be the one to give you excellent advice. The WordPress dot com is the free site and if I'm not mistaken has ads on it. Its not bad but if you can afford even the basic with your domain, I'd say do it when you can afford it. I started out on the free WordPress and migrated over to my own domain about four months later.

    ReplyDelete

Ereader book deals 11/1/2021

Christmas Bump by Trisha Ridinger McKee BARGAIN Chick Lit Rating: 4.3 Winona has been sheltered her entire life. Raised by a protective sing...